From the current Buddhadharma: “Why I’m Not a Buddhist”

Illustration by Kim Scafuro

"Just when I most identified myself as a Buddhist," writes Stephen Schettini – author of The Novice: Why I Became a Buddhist Monk, Why I Quit, and What I Learned — in the Winter 2011 Buddhadharma magazine, "I behaved least like a follower of the Buddha."

Read Schettini's full article, "Why I'm Not a Buddhist" online now.

Read More @ Source

Tibet News / China's Control Over Nepal / Mustang A Kingdom On The Edge

While Tibetan Buddhist is squeezed inside of China's borders, there is a place where it still survives intact: Upper Mustang - a once forbidden kingdom high in the Nepalese Himalayas. Al Jazeera's Steve Chao travels there to document the fight to preserve an ancient culture, as China expands its influence into Nepal, and the modern world slowly creeps in.

Video Rating: 4 / 5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scholars discuss relevance of Buddha in modern world

Buddhist temple in Westminster destroyed in early-morning fire

Danish Buddhist leader, Lama Ole, to visit in Snohomish