Birthday Reflection: The Five Subjects



As it's my birthday today, it seems appropriate to post something fittingly 'uplifting' and pertinent to the occasion. Hence, the five subjects for frequent recollection:

I am of the nature to age; I am not beyond aging.
I am of the nature to sicken; I am not beyond sickness.
I am of the nature to die; I am not beyond dying.
All that is mine, beloved and pleasing, will become otherwise, will become separated from me.
I am the owner of my actions, heir to my actions, born of my actions, related to my actions, abide supported by my actions. Whatever actions I shall do, for good or for ill, of those I will be the heir.
This text ! has been adapted from the Chanting Book used in the Western Forest Sangha, and can be downloaded here: Morning and Evening Chanting
Read More @ Source



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scholars discuss relevance of Buddha in modern world

Buddhist temple in Westminster destroyed in early-morning fire

Danish Buddhist leader, Lama Ole, to visit in Snohomish