Catch The Smiling Heart

Hedge_clip1.jpg
A job well done...

In a way, my thoughts stem from the values I was brought up with and therefore my departed kin helped create those thoughts and they then live on in my thoughts. The confusion comes from my father, who is away with Alzheimer's. I say away although he has left us some parts, the physical shell, the sense of humour and the stubbornness. I have thought, that if you take away a personality, what is really left. For myself, what is left is a reminder of my father, a balance of good and bad of course, to my values. Which were instilled by him.

So, my fathers animated shell is a living memorial to him, though no epitaph but good fun with a Spike Milligan type humour. Which brings a tiny bit of him back.

I have had the above text, left as a comment some time ago, waiting for the right moment to bring it into a post. The comment appears slightly edited. Thank you to the author. And to the father too.
Yes, smile with your parents and anybody else that comes to mind. The smile is in ones heart. And that smile is catching!

In this video by Alanna Shaikh titled, How I'm preparing to get Alzheimer's she talks of her father who has Alzheimer's

The following is the last sentence of the comment quoted above.

If you can
smile with your parents.

If they are not with you
think a thought
that will make you
and them
smile.

And many thanks to Pete, I think it was you, who left the original comment. I thought I'd post it on the anniversary of my fathers death but that date came and went in mid August. I'll be down in the cemetery in a day or two and I'll be breaking a smile as I pass my parents grave.

This post is for you George. The smile in my heart now meets yours. Job well done! Well done indeed.

Read More @ Source



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scholars discuss relevance of Buddha in modern world

Buddhist temple in Westminster destroyed in early-morning fire

Danish Buddhist leader, Lama Ole, to visit in Snohomish